Join Ramekins & Wine and William Sitwell for a wine & food tasting you don't want to miss.
We'll deliver an exciting box full of some of the the best drops from William's House Wines; they'll be accompanied by food pots designed by the Ramekins & Wine team, then you can log onto our live zoom tasting at 7pm, or watch later on demand. Further details will be emailed upon sign up.
On the tasting, William, restaurant critic for The Telegraph and long-serving judge on MasterChef, will guide us through some of his favourite bottles from his online store William's House Wines, while providing a witty and fascinating whistle-stop tour of dining out across history. We'll discuss his wines, why they pair perfectly with the food, and we'll finish with a Q&A.
William's House Wines
With a small, concise list of great value wines, hand selected by William, (with the simple premise 'If I love it, I list it), it's a super-exciting place to buy wine.
At Ramekins & Wine we're very excited to have the chance to create our food to pair with 5 of these wines, and to showcase the following menu to you.
1. Charred English asparagus, anchovy hollandaise
Paired with Chateau Lions Lamartine Blanc 2019, Gaillac, France
2. Cashew nut humous, butter roasted root vegetables, toasted hazelnut
Paired with Matetic EQ Quartz Chardonnay 2017, San Antonio, Chile
3. Crispy pork belly, apple & wholegrain mustard glaze
Paired with Conde de Valdemar Tempranillo 2018, Rioja, Spain
4. Caramelised lamb shoulder, smoked aubergine, yogurt
Paired with Ducale Salice Salentino Riserva 2017, Puglia, Italy
5. Rice pudding, macerated wild strawberry
Paired with Morande Late Harvest Sauvignon Blanc 2018, Casablanca, Chile
What it involves:
- A bottle of wine per head (split across 5 exceptional wines)
- Paired food designed by the Ramekins & Wine team to go alongside the wines
- Information cards, so you can remind yourself of the wines afterwards
- It will last approximately 1.5hrs
- You will be able to interact and ask questions
What you'll need to do
- Provide 5 glasses per head (or 3, which can be reused)
- No food prep, simply get the food out of the fridge
- Sit back, log on and enjoy the tasting!